Take a close look of the ingredients used in your beauty products and will be surely come across coconut oil. Coconut oil is used in many natural beauty products due to its antibacterial, antifungal, and moisturizing properties. Also its unique natural fatty acid composition work wonders in the beauty benefit department.
In fact, coconut oil has been used for centuries both for health and beauty benefits.
Here are top 21 beauty benefits of coconut oil:
- It works as a great hair conditioner. The fatty acids in coconut oil can do wonder to your dry and damaged hair and make them really soft. Apply warm coconut oil to your hair before going to bed and next morning; wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Coconut oil can de-frizz your unruly hair. When coconut oil is applied on hair it prevents moisture from entering the hair shaft to create frizz. Just apply a tiny amount of coconut oil on your hair to smooth down unruly hair and add shine to your locks.
- The rich fatty acids in coconut oil will protect hair from dandruff and give your hair the much needed proteins.
- To give that extra shine to your hair, take a little amount of coconut oil and rub it onto your hair. Avoid using too much of coconut oil or else your hair will become greasy.
- As coconut oil has good amounts of the antioxidant vitamin E, it is a wonderful moisturizer for your dry skin.
- To make teeth white like pears, you can rinse your mouth with lukewarm water with few drops of coconut oil or add few drops of coconut oil on your toothpaste and then brush your teeth.
- Due to its antibacterial, antifungal and moisturizing properties, coconut oil can also be used as a powerful night cream. Slather on some coconut oil on your face before going to bed. This will work as a powerful night creams that can make your skin healthy as well as glowing.
- After shaving creams are expensive but now you can cut down the cost with coconut oil. The natural antimicrobial and skin-soothing properties of coconut oil can be used in place of after shaving lotion. Coconut oil will make the freshly shaved skin area well hydrated and smooth.
- A daily dose of this natural oil can also help to fight the various signs of aging. It can help diminish the appearance of fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles. To lighten age spots rub some coconut oil directly on the affected skin area, leave for some time and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Due to its antifungal and antiviral properties, coconut oil can be used to treat many skin problems like dry skin, irritated skin, sunburn, acne, and psoriasis, eczema, and bug bites.
- If dry hands and elbows worry you a lot, coconut oil is just the right ingredient for you. Put a little coconut oil on your hand after washing them to keep them soft and moist. Also do not forget to apply some on your elbows, ankles and hands before going to bed.
- The taste of coconut oil will feel good on your lips, and can prevent cracked lips during winter. The fatty acids in coconut oil create a barrier and lock in moisture so that your lips remain free of cracks.
- It also works as a natural sunscreen as it has an SPF of 3. However, the oil itself will not give you full protection from the harmful rays of the sun and so you need to use a proper sunscreen lotion before going out in the sun.
- The emollient nature of the coconut oil and its anti-fungal properties help keep the cuticles soft and prevents the nails from becoming brittle. Every night before going to bed put a few drops of warm coconut oil on the cuticles.
- To make a luscious body scrub at home take melted coconut oil and add brown sugar and little bit of pure vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients properly and then use this mixture as a natural body scrub. You can use this scrub to clean your face as well as your hands and legs.
- It also prevents stretch marks during pregnancy. Coconut oil keeps the skin soft when you coat your belly with a generous amount of warm coconut oil.
- Due to coconut oil’s gentle grime-removing action and antibacterial properties it can remove the most stubborn make up products with ease.
- You can use coconut oil as a natural deodorant on its own. The antibacterial properties of this oil will help to get rid of body odor.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil helps lock moisture into the skin, so it can be used in place of a moisturizer. Use it regularly as a powerful massage oil to enjoy soft and smooth skin year around.
- Coconut oil is great for hydrating the gentle skin around your eyes. When applied near the eye area every night before going to bed, it will make the eye area baby soft and decrease signs of wrinkles.
- Coconut oil also has anti-fungal properties, so it makes a great foot scrub too! Mix coconut oil with salt to remove dry skin on feet
Have you ever used coconut oil in your skin and hair care regiment? If not, then you must start using it as soon as possible. For external uses, any type of refined coconut oil will work, but for internal use, it is highly recommended to use unrefined virgin coconut oil.