Honey has always played a major role in the beauty industry. In fact, honey is a popular ingredient in many beauty and cosmetic products that are available in the market to keep the skin hydrated. As summer is here, you need to make efforts to keep your skin hydrated and well moisturized.
There are several nutrients in honey that can make your skin hydrated. Be it acne-prone, dry or sensitive skin, honey is beneficial for all types of skin.
First of all, honey is a rich source of B-Complex Vitamins that helps to detoxify skin, prevent acne breakouts, boost skin health, oil control, and reduce redness as well as skin irritation. The Vitamin E and Vitamin K present in honey brightens skin, reduces dark circles, reduces appearance of scars, reduces pigmentation and works like a powerful anti-oxidant for your skin. The zinc in honey reverses free radical damage and prevents premature aging.
While applying raw honey is the simplest way to keep the skin hydrated and beautiful. You can also mix and match other ingredients with honey to make a powerful face mask. With honey, you can add avocado and coconut oil to make a hydrating face mask at home.
The fatty acids in avocado will keep your skin soft and moisturized. Plus, its Vitamin E content will promote overall health of your skin and keep it firm and young looking.
Coconut oil is also good for your skin. The fatty acids in coconut oil helps to retain the moisture content of the skin and keep it hydrated.
List of the ingredients for the face mask:
- 1 teaspoon of natural honey
- 1 teaspoon of avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Instructions to make the face mask:
- In a small bowl, put together all the ingredients – honey, avocado and coconut oil.
- Mix together all the ingredients with the help of a clean spoon.
- Now wash your face and pat dry and then with the help of your clean fingers, massage the mask into your skin.
- Do this massaging for around a minute or two.
- Then allow the face mask to rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Now wash your face with warm water.
- Pat off with tissues. The tissues will help get rid of any excess coconut oil from your skin.
- Apply this face mask once a week to help your skin stay hydrated.
- To make the hydrating face mask even more beneficial for your skin, it is recommended to opt for a facial steam prior to applying the mask. A facial steam will really help open up your pores and the face mask will be able to penetrate deep inside the skin.
- If you can find raw organic honey, then it is better to use it. However, natural honey is fine too!
- There is no need to melt the coconut oil while making the face mask. As soon as coconut oil comes into contact with your skin, it will automatically start melting.
- Also include honey in your diet plan to keep your skin hydrated and beautiful from within.